Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THE Nth DEGREE: THE STRAIGHT DOPE
WAITING FOR MR. RIGHT
by N






















Dare I say it; I think I am in love. That’s right ladies you can find love in the big city. It all started when I moved to New York. I was dating “Mr. It’s Over for Now” but still keeping my eyes and ears open for good prospects. The autumn and the winter came and went with no success. Then suddenly, as if he was waiting for the spring to appear, I started seeing him.

Now, I can’t say that I was immediately attracted to him but as time passed he has become exceptionally endearing. His good-hearted nature, quick wit, and his ability to comfort me in my time of need is nothing I have ever found in another man. He gives me my space to vent and to explore other “options” if needed, but still keeps our set date time on Thursday afternoons. Of course, accommodatingly, after I get out of work.

He also is intelligent. I can’t believe some of the books he has read. (I’ve scoped out his book shelf.) I mean I didn’t think a man so smart would find it intriguing talking to me! Well, he does. He not only talks, gives solicited advice, and laughs at my jokes, but also listens with baited breath and hangs on my every word. It’s as if he is looking for little clues into more my life. There’s even times when I am the only one who speaks during our rendezvous. Oh, how selfless he can be.

This man is unbelievable. I am so lucky that I have him in my life.

Too bad he’s my THERAPIST.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thia and Cory said...

What a twist! That was a good one! So I've been meaning to ask you since I read 'your' first blog; how did you get Carrie Bradshaw to underwrite for you? Your blogs are written exactly like (in form and quality) to Sex in the City. You've definetly got skill.
Unfortunetly being Married in Cranston, I can't relate to Sex in the City much.
Love Ya!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home