Tuesday, August 05, 2008

THE Nth DEGREE: THE STRAIGHT DOPE
YEAR ONE
by N


















I did it! This August has culminated my first year living in New York City. Here are ten things, in no particular order, that I love about living in the city that never sleeps.


1. That I can squat, take a pee in the subway station and not look completely insane. Only in extreme emergencies, I’m not a weirdo!

2. My ability to hop on a train visit my friends, shop, head to the beach or anything else NYC has to offer without giving up my left arm at the gas pump.

3. The fact that if you get caught in the rain there is a bar on every corner for you to rehydrate yourself in, of course in more ways than one.

4. That with a toothbrush, a swipe of mascara, and a clean pair of underwear and a little bit of gumption you’re ready for a night out or the proper walk of shame.

5. That even I look like an artist when I doodle on paper or take a photograph.

6. That my “family” is comprised of many different ethnic backgrounds.

7. That even though I’m Italian and Polish, I get mistaken for a sexy Chinese, Russian or Latino (“Aye Mami”) woman on any given day.

8. That people stopped giving me shit about my Red Sox Infatuation after I said, “I’d root for the Mets, if I had to choose a NY team.”

9. That a great haircut only has to cost ten dollars.

10. That you can have someone else wash, fluff, and fold your laundry and your groceries delivered to your door all while watching My So Called Life episodes and eating Thai.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're flattering yourself with that My So Called Life reference. I know what you're really watching... Home Improvement on E! anyone?

And I'm right there with you.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Tricky Nikki said...

I READ it!! and no one should be giving you shit for liking the Red Sox :)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home