Wednesday, October 03, 2007

ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH: THE MATRIX ONE YEAR LATER


by Malik Isasis
















I started The Matrix: For Real because I didn’t feel empowered by what was going on during the six-year absolute reign of terror by Bush and his despotic Republican Party, the capitulating Democratic Party, and the complete collapse of the Fourth Estate. It became clear to me that the media were colluding with Bush and Co. to pull off a high tech heist of the Middle East.

For the most part Bush and Co. has succeeded in the heist. As I listened to the Democratic debate last week Senators Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards discussed leaving thousands of troops behind to protect the embassy so to keep a watchful eye on the natives and the oil, if they were to become president. (see here).

The presidential debates is another illusion brought to us by the corporate media to display the idea that we have choices. We have false choices, the corporate media’s political operatives are moderating the dog and pony shows, and have already decided who’s going to win the nominations before a single vote has been cast.

During the Democratic Debate last week Tim Russert’s questions seemed accusatory as if they’d been vetted by neocon operatives, listen here and here.

One Day at a Time

A year ago when I started I didn’t know whether or not I would keep the blog going and I still don’t. I still take it one entry at a time. Frequently writing about occupation, death and destruction, white supremacy and corporate imperialism on almost a daily basis does have its emotional consequences, mainly secondary trauma.

This entry makes 177. I didn’t think I could write so frequently, but I guess I under estimated the power of feeling disempowered. And it helps to have people like Bill O’Reilly saying, “I think black people are starting to think more and more for themselves.” (see here)

The malfeasance of the corporate media keeps my fire lit. As Bush and Co. extract the United States Treasury of its funds, the Iraqi people of their lives and oil it is the corporate media who are asleep on watch and when something terrible happens to this country they will awake in a stupor and ask why.


Here are some of my oldies but goodies:

IT’S THE OCCUPATION STUPID

COLONY COLLAPSE DISORDER

FLYING MONKEYS

ADVENTURE CAPITALISTS

THE LONG DARK ROAD

THE LUKIDNIKS AND THE PRINCESS WARRIOR

WHO’S WASHING THE MONEY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home