Sunday, July 05, 2009

THE MJ EDITION: ISSUE 79, VOLUME 109
THREE KINGS
by Malik Isasis



Only James Brown could have brought Michael Jackson and Prince together for a rare, if strange performance in the mid eighties.





As I write this I'm listening to Michael Jackson. It is only now that his death is hitting me, and I am truly sadden. Millions of us have grown up with Michael Jackson and was moved by his music; his ethos was clearly one of self-loathing, which follows a pattern of abuse. Michael was a deeply conflicted man and physically abandoned his blackness in order to accept other parts of himself. But like most people at the pinnacle of success in entertainment, pleasing and needing acceptance becomes a prime motivator. When he was above ground the media was relatively nasty, coining him "Wacko Jacko" and other derogatory names, and now they exploit his death.

Like every human being, we just want to be loved and accepted, the thing is Michael, you were loved and accepted, but you were too blind to notice, or maybe it could have been that it wasn't enough to help you accept yourself. The pain is no more my brother, I hope you are at peace now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They got the Rites and earned every stripe, James Brown, Michael Joseph Jackson and Prince Nelson Rogers, I wish this time, era would come to the forefront and chair the Artist Table, but it saddins me to say, I don't see anyone in this era with the determination and dedication of these three Black men to bring the music back

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home