Monday, August 06, 2007

RACIAL INDIFFERENCE


by Malik Isasis















I haven’t discussed the genocide in Darfur much here at The Matrix. The world is a mess, and I have chosen to spend my passion on the occupation, colonization and the cultural genocide of Iraq, and let other writers and truth seekers expose the tragedy in Sudan.

The idea of writing about both the holocaust in Darfur and the effects of the colonization attempt in the Middle East are overwhelming; I would need to do this full time and immediately get myself into therapy for the secondary trauma.

I will write more about Darfur, but first I would like to educate myself on the conflict. Like most Americans, I don’t know a lot about the root causes of the conflict. What I do know is the racial indifference toward the victims and the perpetrators by the corporate media, the United States government, and the United Nations.

The victims in Darfur have three things working against them: they’re black, they’re Muslims, and they’re Africans, a trifecta of characteristics that explains why the world is quiet.

The Holocaust is Not a Trademark

I’ve watched Benjamin Netanyahu sell a war with Iran by comparing Iran to Nazi Germany.

Iran is Germany, and it`s 1938, except that this Nazi regime that is in Iran, that`s a religious kind of fanaticism, but it wants to dominate the world, annihilate the Jews, but also annihilate America. Remember, we`re the small Satan. You`re the big Satan.

Politicians like Netanyahu, political operatives and The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) have trademarked the Jewish holocaust for political gain and access to power, and to receive a moral blank check from the world to colonize the Middle East. Wouldn’t it be something if those politicians advocated for an intervention in Darfur.

If Netanyahu put as much energy in advocating for peace, or an end to the holocaust that is happening now, rather than perpetual war and colonization in the Middle East, maybe—just maybe the world would pay more attention.

Poor, African, Black, and Muslim; race does matter, doesn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home